Some sales fundamentals to help you
Hi, have you ever dreaded making sales calls? Well, I certainly have and I don’t think I’m alone. Sales is the lifeblood of an organisation, and no matter how wonderful the product or service, if no one knows about it, then all is lost!
Below is a series of steps which will guide you when making a sales call. The call can be face to face or over the telephone; the principle is the same.
- Create a connection with the person you are speaking to. Some people refer to this as building rapport, but I think making a connection is one step further than simply building rapport.
- Identify and prioritise the customer’s issues i.e. what do they need or what is their problem?
- Create credibility with the customer. Tell them the story of you and your product or service.
- Provide the customer with a solution to their issues i.e. solve their problem
- Handle objections the customer may use such as Budget or time
- Finally, get the sale. Gain commitment from the customer to buy.
Don’t be afraid to sell. After all, without sales, businesses would cease to trade.
For more information on Sales and how we can help, please call us on +44 (0) 7500 110331
Check us out on: